Microsoft Announces IIS7 SEO Toolkit
Yesterday Microsoft announced a new extension for II7 called the Search Engine Optimization Toolkit. The toolkit will help developers and hosting providers to increase your site’s search engine relevance. The toolkit includes three modules that integrate with IIS Manager: Site Analysis, Robots Exclusion, and Sitemaps and Site Indexes. You can read more about the new toolkit (which is currently in beta) and download it from iis.net.
The feature list below come directly from IIS.NET:
Site Analysis Features
- Fully featured crawl engine named ‘iisbot’ - Configurable number of concurrent requests to allow users to crawl their Web site without incurring additional processing. This can be configured from 1 to 16 concurrent requests.
- Support for Robots.txt, allowing you to customize the locations where the iisbot should analyze and which locations should be ignored.
- Support for Sitemap files allowing you to specify additional locations to be analyzed.
- Support for overriding ‘noindex’ and ‘nofollow’ metatags to allow you to analyze pages to help improve customer experience even when search engines will not process them.
- Configurable limits for analysis, maximum number of URLs to download, and maximum number of kilobytes to download per URL.
- Configurable options for including content from only your directories or the entire site and sub domains.
- View detailed summary of Web site analysis results through a rich dashboard
- Feature rich Query Builder interface exposing large amounts of data
- Quick access to common tasks
- Display of detailed information for each URL
- View detailed route analysis showing unique routes to better understand the way search engines reach your content
Robots Exclusion Features
- Display of robots content in a friendly user interface
- Support for filtering, grouping, and sorting
- Ability to add ‘disallow’ and ‘allow’ paths using a physical view of your Web site
- Ability to add ‘disallow’ and ‘allow’ paths using a logical view of your Web site from the result of site analysis processing
- Ability to add sitemap locations
Sitemap and Sitemap Index Features
- Display of sitemaps and sitemap index files in a simple user interface
- Support for grouping and sorting
- Ability to add/edit/remove sitemap and sitemap index files
- Ability to add new URL’s to sitemap and sitemap index files using a physical view of your Web site
- Ability to add new URL’s to sitemap and sitemap index files using a logical view of your Web site from the result of site analysis processing
- Ability to register a sitemap or sitemap index into the robots exclusion file