Adobe Announces Bolt, a ColdFusion IDE
Big news came out of MAX today. Adobe has announced their own ColdFusion IDE, named Bolt. From their description of the product it will be based on the Eclipse platform. Below are the highlights from their released info:
* Object Relational Mapping auto-configuration
* Application Code Generation
* Server management
* Easily extensible through the Eclipse framework
* Code assist for tags, functions, variables, and components
* Code folding
* Snippet creation and management
* Outline viewing
* RDS Explorer for files and databases
* Line-level Debugging
This is great! I have always believed that Adobe needed a really good IDE for developers. I have been using CFECLIPSE for a few years now, and while it's the best editor I have used so far for CFML, it still lacks some features I would like to see. Having used Microsoft Visual Studio a lot lately, it really shows you what is lacking from CFECLIPSE. Hopefully Adobe will rock the house with Bolt.
You can read more about Bolt from the Adobe Labs site.